Friday, November 23, 2018

Fast forward, zoooooom!!!!

"Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed."
                                                                                                ~Arthur Schopenhauer

For various reasons (some good, some not) I have decided not to detail every step of this process.  If you have specific questions I will happily answer them and I will continue to give updates as the living space comes together, but at this point most of the major stuff is complete and I'm more excited to say that my adventure will soon commence!  I have officially given the necessary notices here in Pensacola, now I'm ready to tell the rest of the outside world that I will be setting out on my nomadic journey in January!  More about that soon but for now I need to catch you up on my progress... 

apologies for the missing steps but a lot of my photos from the process were lost so here is the condensed version

picking up supplies

Work station

No sawhorses, getting creative

insulation!

more insulation!

So much insulation!!!!



Wall panels in, now for the bed frame!


Oops, jumped ahead, more supplies...

here the token christmas lights and decorations give an indication of time passing...
(yes that was last christmas... yes this blog post covers a whole year, I know I know....)


Ceiling prepped and ready for, wait for it...more insulation!!

(are you sensing a theme here?  cause if you're not, I'm a little worried about you)


'Let it snow, let it snow, let it...' oh wait, I'm in Florida.

Don't let the 'bedroom' fool you, it's still a hot mess!

Final piece of sub floor!  (took me long enough)

It's the little things that make a huge difference


~~Jumping ahead again~~


  Running water!!!!!!1!


kitchen (or at least its bones anyway)

More walls...ceiling....wailings?  Ceills?

Another small thing that makes a huge difference...

 Helping!!!

Closing the gaps...

Nothing like living in a construction zone.

I have a FRIDGE!!!



~~more jumping ahead~~

Desk and walls... some things are starting to look finished...ish...
 These curves are a pain...




Not gonna lie, the mess and clutter in these photos is a bit embarrassing, but if that gives any indication of the difficulty in building something while sleeping in it... 

...lets just say, no regrets but I would not do it again.  Hopefully I never have to :D

Welp, that's it for now.  Stay tuned for more info on the first stage of the grand nomadic adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I was wondering how your project was coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see! Hopefully you'll come back to the PNW as a Nomad at some point.

    - dave

    ReplyDelete